Requests for these types of projects sometimes come to us from your STCR salesperson but most often start at our Support Center. You may call the Support Center looking for a certain report or some functionality that you cannot find in the application, the Support Center analyst performs an initial investigation and finds that the solution is not in the application and then would pass your request to STCR’s Technical Solutions department for further investigation.
The process for creating a solution starts with you, our customer providing a detailed definition of your request. Sometimes it’s as simple as a new report but can be as complex as an entire new procedure or process. STCR will come back to you a number of times during this phase of defining the request as we want to ensure we have a complete understanding of your need before moving forward.
Once we have a full understanding, we will investigate to see if we can provide the enhancement by changing a configuration or personalization. Using what exists in the application is often the least expensive and fastest way to provide that needed change.
If we find that we need to make custom changes to the application, we will design the solution and then present that to you as a mock-up or an outline. We then ask you to approve this solution or tell us what needs to be different. Through this process we come to a mutual understanding of what STCR needs to create.
The next step is for STCR to create a proposal including the cost of the solution. Depending on the type of changes, the cost might include programming, configuration, testing, installation and setup. Some solutions may require STCR personnel to come to the store, others may not.
The final step is the in-store testing and roll-out. This might be as simple as you viewing a new report or as complex as a week long, in-store test. In the end our goal is to provide you with the solution to that unique challenge in the fastest, most efficient manner. For more information please contact STCR at (607) 757-018
A satisfying store experience helps create Advocates… consumers who have increased spending with their primary retailer by 31% over the last two years.
Now more than ever, consumers are looking for differentiation when choosing their retailers. They expect a higher level of satisfaction—better service, better prices, better quality and convenience. Access to product information and fast, accurate transactions, performed by capable, informed employees are vital to a positive experience and help promote customer loyalty.
1. Infrared touch screen and Light-Path Management on Model 566 only
2. Deep sleep is defined as “suspend to RAM” (random access memory), meaning the power supply is in a reduced power mode
3. The IBM Institute for Business Value Study, IBM Global Services 2008
1. Cutting edge, spill resistant, infrared touch-screen (Model 566 only)
2. Tool free design with back access
3. IBM Light-Path Management (Model 566 only)
4. Biometric fingerprint reader (optional)
5. Cooling tunnel technology
6. Programmable magnetic stripe reader (MSR) (optional)
7. Retail hardened design resists damage in harsh environments
8. Audio speaker (Model 566 only)
To learn how the IBM SurePOS 500 can transform your front end operations, please contact STCR Business Systems, Inc at 1-800-776-6576. STCR has been selling, installing and supporting IBM Cash Register Systems for more than 30 years and has been in business for 43 years. We are an IBM Premier Business Partner, with the in-house expertise to install IBM Products and train your personnel in the most professional manner.
1. Hardware maintenance:
• Contract Management
• Asset Management
• Remote Diagnostics
• Call Dispatch and Coordination
• Call Tracking
• Call Resolution
2. Software maintenance:
• Access to software developer support
• Entitled to upgraded software levels (services not included)
3. Remote Help Desk Support:
• 24x7x365 access via phone, internet and email
• Remote diagnostics
• Call tracking
• Call resolution
• Remote program upgrades
• Answering 'how to' questions
• Software personalization changes
• Some setup and configuration changes
• Tax table updates
• Backup verification
• Disaster recovery
• Incident reporting
• Closed call automatic notification
• Satisfaction follow up call backs
• Online Help Desk access to open new calls and review call history
As you see the list is extensive, with the added benefit of fixed costs. Without this coverage you run the likely risk of costly and excessive down times and service bills, on an as-needed basis, upgrade software license fees and all the other intangible costs when your system is not performing properly. Typically, most service organizations prioritize resources for maintenance clients. Don't let your business be exposed to these unavoidable situations. Protect your investment and know that you are covered bumper-to-bumper. If you have any questions regarding STCR maintenance offerings, speak to one of our knowledgeable Sales Representatives at (607) 757-0181.