Invest in Training
• Increase job satisfaction and morale among employees
• Increase employee motivation
• Increase efficiencies in processes, resulting in financial gain
• Increase capacity to adopt new technologies and methods
• Increase innovation in strategies and products
• Reduce employee turnover; enhanced company image.
These are just some of the compelling arguments to make ongoing training an organizational goal. Staff training can be on the job where more experienced employees are assigned to train new employees. Cross-training existing employees for various tasks handled by other staff members is also important. This ensures operations are not disrupted when employees leave the company either temporarily or permanently. Sometimes a company does not have the knowledge internally to train staff for various reasons:
• Key person left the company
• Company acquired new technology
• Leverage more feature/function from their current technology.
Regardless of the reason, a prudent owner will recognize the investment value of developing his human resources to actualize increased efficiencies that will ultimately impact the bottom line.
These same principles hold true for independent grocers in this competitive market. As a solutions provider for independent grocers we understand these needs and have developed training programs to assist our customers in this ongoing effort. If you want to make the investment to improve your operation, contact your STCR Sales Representative at (607) 757-0181. They can tell you about what options and programs we can customize to fit your specific needs and then see how it can improve your bottom line.