5 Easy Marketing Steps
1. Take steps to make customers feel special. Customers respond to being recognized, especially in these rush-rush, get-the-lowest-price times.
2. Develop an electronic mailing list. Most grocers have a weekly sale flier, but why not try an e-mail marketing newsletter. It is a cheap and easy way to stay in front of your customer. Just be sure that signing up for the e-newsletter is quick and easy by adding the link to your website or adding the address for the e-newsletter to your weekly sales flier.
3. Take part in community events. Join in some of your community events. This will put you in the position of getting to know a lot of people and also show you care about what goes on in your neighborhood.
4. Become an online expert. Using the internet is a cheap and easy way to reach thousands of potential customers. Utilize free services such as Facebook and Twitter. You can also have a website created for a nominal fee.
5. Don't let customers slip away. It costs a lot less to retain a disgruntled or inactive customer than to acquire a new one. Make an effort to reel them back in. If you customer hasn’t been in your store in some time, send a personalized e-mail and/or an incentive to get them back through your door.