The New IBM SCO (Self-Checkout)
• Modular design that allows tremendous flexibility in configuring the front end, now and tomorrow
• Designed to maximize customer throughput
• Units may be separated to deploy distinct "paystation" operations
• Smaller units that allow more free space
• Improved cash management and security with cash recycling and cashless options
• Integrated cash tracking and reporting for each lane with low level alerting
• Ease of use designed around ADA (American Disabilities Act) guidelines
• 100 percent above-the-counter interactions
• Follow me LED lighting to guide the user through the transaction process
• Self-checkout software application validated against PCI Security Standards
When combined with IBM ACE and IBM's CHEC (Checkout Environment for Consumer-Service) software this new totally integrated hardware design provides a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
When considering a self-checkout system be sure to consider these guidelines:
1. Develop well-defined criteria and planned objectives for successful self-checkout
2. Start with a strong management sponsorship and commitment to making SCO work
3. Continuously manage SCO security to balance speed of transaction with security
4. Provide effective coverage of self-checkout lanes with customer friendly associates who can encourage usage, assist customers at the lane, and answer customer questions increasing throughput and increasing customer satisfaction.
For more information on how your store can profit from utilizing the new IBM Self-Checkout please contact STCR at (607) 757-0181.